Kenzie has an aversion to ground meat lately. So I took advantage of her absence to try to use up some of my enormous supply of ground turkey.
I found this recipe in Express Lane Meals by Rachael Ray (Yep. I still love her. LOL)
I used shredded medium cheddar instead of crumbled because that's what I had.
And we grilled them which surely had to be more tasty than pan fried as the recipe suggests. Because everything is tastier on the grill.

For 4 servings:
1 package (1.2 lbs) ground turkey breast
2 rounded tablespoons prepared horseradish
1/3 pound sharp white cheddar cheese, diced or crumbled into 1/4 inch pieces
2 scallions, finely chopped
1 rounded palmful grill seasoning, such as McCormick's Montreal Steak Seasoning
EVOO
Spicy brown mustard
4 poppy seed kaiser rolls, split
1 tub or can of good quality whole berry cranberry sauce
Romaine lettuce leaves
Gourmet potato chips
Heat a non-stick skillet over medium high heat.
In a medium bowl, mix together the meat, horseradish, Cheddar pieces, scallions, and grill seasoning. Form 4 patties and drizzle them with EVOO. Cook the burgers for 5 to 6 minutes on each side. Spread mustard on the bun bottoms and cranberry sauce on the bun tops. Place the burgers on the bun bottoms, top with romaine leaves, and set the bun tops in place. Serve fancy chips alongside.
Delicious!




1 comment:
now I'm really hungry. Yum!
Post a Comment