Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Chicken with Feta and Tomatoes, Herbed Brown Rice, Baby Lima Beans

This meal was a hit with everyone except the picky princess. She only ate the chicken without the topping. LOL
The Chicken with Feta and Tomatoes recipe comes from WW in 20 Minutes (page 139). It was delicious! I was skeptical of the reduced fat feta but I shouldn't have been. I could barely tell a difference. I have a very strong suspicion that the leftovers would be fantastic cold and stuffed in a pita pocket for lunch the next day. Maybe a good idea for my working WW pals.
The Herbed Brown Rice is from WW New Complete Cookbook (page344) and it is a great accompaniment to the chicken recipe. I haven't bought instant brown rice so it took a little longer to cook but if you use instant brown rice this meal would come together really quick and easy.
Hey, the rice could go in the pita pockets too!
I served some baby lima beans along with this meal and the points total for one serving of each course is 6. Not too shabby. :)

5 comments:

Christy said...

I so loved having the recipes all spelled out in your posts! Sniff. I am learning to work around this. You are doing the right thing, I just miss it is all.

Trish said...

:( I know. I miss posting them.
But the pictures help a little, right? I'm always more willing to try a recipe if I can see it first.

Mel the Belle said...

Mmmmm....Lima Beans! I will e: you tomorrow re: canned mushrooms AND thin skinless boneless chicken breasts... your stuff here all loooks goooooood...hey, any chance on the tarot/lovey blanket coming to fruition??? Just wonder cuz it is much desired but i will find other alternatives if it is not possible *(and i'll fully understand) on your end..just let me know okay ??love you *Mellie

Trish said...

I'm going fabric shopping today! I can't wait! I'm taking Heather with me so I can make Maveryk's nursery stuff too.
I really want to make it for you. Just a couples more weeks and it should be on it's way to you. :)

Amber said...

You need to save some leftovers and let me have a taste of some these delicious looking recipes :)