Sunday, March 15, 2009

Week Five Weigh In

Down only .2 pounds this week.
And 3/4 inch overall. 1/2 inch where I least want to lose it. And 1/4 inch where I most want to lose it. Doesn't that just figure. LOL




That dinner at Market Street Grill last Tuesday was so not worth it.
I certainly do not want to deprive myself of the things I enjoy. But at this point in my weight loss journey it just wasn't worth the slow down in weight loss.
And honestly, eating what I ate in the portions that I ate was a bad choice. As I said before, I would have been just as happy and satisfied with HALF as much as I ate that night. But I chose to eat every bite and worry about the consequences later. Which is exactly the behavior that got me to the point of needing to lose nearly 50 pounds.

Other than that bit of reflection, I am not terribly disappointed. I'm still well within the range of losing a healthy 1-2 pounds per week and I am still fully committed and on my way to being FIT BY 40!!

4 comments:

Mel the Belle said...

"You fall off the horse, ... you get back on." Good for you, Trish. You're still in the game, Yay! Loves, *Mel

ShazBraz said...

oh, Dori! Can I just copy and paste your post to my blog for tomorrow? I had such a bad day yesterday, I'm frightened for my weigh in :)

Here's to a great week ahead!

Christy said...

0.2 pounds? EXACTLY what I lost the week that I partook in the indulgence.
I couldn't bring myself to just eat HALF either. However, when I go back in three of four months, I will eat half.
I really thought and thought after all the information you gathered about this night out, I don't think I'll have any trouble having them box up half my meal right away and eating the other half the next day.
The selections on the food, though. I'm sticking to them... other than cutting out the crab stuffed mushrooms.
I'm glad you are focusing on commitment. I think we all need that reflection to improve ourselves. Great Job!!

Trish said...

Well, at least we know that effect Market Street Grill has on our weight loss, huh? LOL
I could have eaten only half that night. I just didn't have any idea how many POINTS it was going to be. I had 39 points to burn that night and thought for sure I'd be safe.
Geez!
You know better, you do better, huh?
I think I'll dump the stuffed mushrooms and the potatoes next time. And only eat half of the rest.
In a couple of months. LOL