Monday, March 9, 2009

Thai Tuna Wraps

My friend Glenda had this recipe on her blog, The Little Red Hen Food Site, and it looked good to me. Today I decided to make it Weight Watcher's friendly from ingredients I had on hand. It was a delicious and filling lunch! I calculated the points to be 5.5 made this way.
Combine the following ingredients:
1 6-oz can chunk white albacore tuna in water, drained
juice of half a lime
1/2 - 1 teaspoon soy sauce (to taste)
2 Tablespoons shredded carrot
1 finely sliced green onion
5 basil leaves, finely sliced in ribbons
2 Tablespoons reduced fat sour cream
1 Tablespoon mayo
1 packet of Splenda (Maybe a little less. This was a little too sweet.)
Mix well and then stir in:
1 1/2 cups finely shredded napa cabbage
Roll all this inside a Healthy Grains Flat Out bread. It's a lot! Roll carefully. LOL
Enjoy! (Thanks again for the inspiration Glenda!)


Below is a pic of Jaxon's lunch. A peanut butter sandwich. No jelly. No crust.
Actually, this is a pic of the half sandwich he had immediately after a whole one.
Lately I swear he could eat his weight in peanut butter sandwiches on a daily basis.

8 comments:

Becky said...

Wow, that looks really good! And very filling.. I'll definitely try this.

Mel the Belle said...

OMG, the tuna wrap looks soooo yummy! I'm gonna do them for lunch one day this week. Both of the guys are around for the most part at lunch time this week, so we'll have them together. Looks great! Tell Jaxon his p-butter needs some jelly! lol xoxoxo *Mel
ps when is Heather due????

Trish said...

Heather is officially in the "any day now" phase of her pregnancy.
Her due date is later in the month but she's getting close.

Amber said...

Awesome way to eat tuna! Lily and I actually had tuna sandwiches for lunch today too! How cool!

Lily is loving peanut butter these days too. She's really picky about her jelly though. So far she's only interested in peach. But I'm sure she would love your homemade jam just like her Mommy,(hint hint.) :p

Mel the Belle said...

Who doesn't love Trish's homemade jams???!!! YUM! YUM !!! (fond memories) xo *Mel

Christy said...

Ooooh! That sounds so good. I wish there was one here, now. I am hungry, waiting for dinner to cook.

ShazBraz said...

I have a recipe for these upstairs that I've been meaning to try forever. I wonder if its the same. Maybe it'll have to go on next weeks menu.

Hey-Tawnya and I were discussing eggplant. Neither of us have ever had it but want to try it. Do you have a good, fool-proof beginner recipe we should try?

Trish said...

I don't have any recipes that I could recommend. I have had eggplant lots of times and sometimes it's really good. Sometimes it's not.
When it's good I LOVE it.
If you find a great recipe please share it with me. LOL
BTW The Country Oven Whole Wheat bread is just right. Thanks for that tip!