At only 3 years old she was soooo independent. She rarely allowed anyone to help her put on her shoes or coat which made for a very extended exit where ever we went.
And if we should leave the house and not take her with us there was a very intricate goodbye ritual that we had to follow.
Kiss. Hug. Kiss. Hug.
Then she would say, "Bye! Have a good day! Have a nice good day!"
And you had to repeat it back to her just the same way.
The very first song that she would really sing along with on the radio was this.
And her very favorite line was...
"She can kiss the ground in the winter time
And make a flower grow.
Let me tell ya now,
friend, ("FWEND" very loudly!)
Don't take her she's all I got...."
When she was about 6 years old her greatest ambition was to "Work at McDonald's or drive the ice cream truck."
When I was pregnant with Emily she and I would watch "A Baby Story" together and we would both cry while we watched the new babies being born. She has always LOVED babies.
When Emily was born we had to establish a rule that Kenzie couldn't be within 3 feet of the baby while any of her older sisters was holding it. You wouldn't believe it if you saw the way they fight now. LOL
Now, just a blink of an eye later, she is sixteen years old. She wants to be a midwife and is already taking classes in school to help her achieve that goal. It still takes an eternity to get her out the door. And now that she won't be getting an allowance anymore maybe she can realize that Golden Arches dream at last. ;) She has a boyfriend and will soon have her drivers license.
She invited a few friends over for a RockBand Party last night and they had a good time. It was fun to see her enjoying herself with her friends (and a couple of siblings).
My friend, Misty made her this awesome guitar cake. Jaxon was so impressed by it that, upon seeing it, he immediately attempted to strum the thing! Ooops! We should have held his hands I guess. I tried to repair the damage as best I could. Kenzie just laughed and said it was going to get eaten soon anyway. She's my even tempered one.Roger's Mom always used to comment that, "Mackenzie is so quiet you never even knows she's on the place."
My supply of birthday candles was pretty pathetic so, at Kaylee's suggestion, we used some "special math" and put a 7 and nine 1's on the cake. LOL
I hope she gets her wish.I think.
I mean she IS a teenager. Ugh!
How did this happen?
I insist on holding her and rocking her right this minute!
Seriously tho, she's intelligent, funny, beautiful, talented and all around AWESOME. I hope she knows how much I love her and how proud I am of her.Happy 16th Birthday Kenzie!




4 comments:
Happy Birthday, Kenzie. I remember when your mom and I first "met" ... she was always telling me you were out front, I think practicing gymnastics or cartwheeling or something like that. I just remember thinking how much I wish'd I had a little blonde girl just like you. You were (and still are) such a cutie! And you turned out to have the same kind of "S" spine as I do, too. Kindred spirits! I hope you have or had a fantastic birthday!! Love, Mel in California
*Tear*
I love you mommy!
i will always be your baby girl :)
Thanks for always listening to me vent about boys and stupid girls, you are the greatest mom anyone could ask for. You have always been there for me, and in my heart i know you always will be. Whatever it is. Coming to my side in a heart beat if i need you to, like at the Hospital, even though i told you you didn't need to stay every night, you still did and i am so glad, i would have been so scared and lonely. That right there shows how much you love me (and all of your kids). You would come to my side in a Heart beat if i made the littlest noise. Or just being there to listen to me talk everyday when i came home from school. I remember one day when i didn't come up to your room right after school and you came down and asked in a sad voice "You don't have anything to tell me for today?" haha.
Rather i am 3 or 16 or 92, i will ALWAYS be your awesome daughter.
You are more than just my mother, you are my best friend.
love, your little girl
Kenzie Rae
Awww! You both are so so sweet. Happy Birthday Miss Kenzie. Love you so.
Happy late birthday to Kenzie LOL!
The cake looked awesome and she looked super happy. Can't believe she's 16.
Post a Comment