Sunday, September 28, 2008

Soundtrack Of My Life

Last night I spent a couple of hours (and a couple of glasses of wine) playing around with my Playlist which you can find down at the bottom of the screen. You can hear it whenever you visit my blog if you have your speakers turned on.
It was fun to pull songs from my past and reminisce for a minute or two over each one.
There is a pretty surprising variety. Songs from....

~my childhood.
I thought that "Big Bad John" was actually about my Dad. Only because his name was John and he seemed so big to me. He didn't work in a mine. He was an auto mechanic. In a child's mind there must be a similarity between engine grease and coal dust. LOL And now when I see pictures of him I realize has wasn't even really that big. Only on the short side of average actually. It was just my perspective as his child.
Whenever imaginative play required an imaginary name I always chose "Loretta". I remember thinking it sounded so fancy.

~my semi-wild youth.
This was when I discovered that there was music that was very different from the Johnny Cash and Loretta Lynn tunes of my youth. We had moved from the tiny town of Castle Hayne, North Carolina to the hustle and bustle of the big city. WOW!! Who could have imagined all that I would discover here!

~my journey through love to marriage. And divorce. And remarriage. LOL
Songs of old boyfriends and falling in and out of love.

~my experience of becoming a mother. Each time that I was pregnant it never seemed to fail that there would be a song on the radio nearly every day that would stir up my hormone addled emotions and have me sobbing at red lights and grocery store checkstands.

~my loss of loved ones. Another instance of spontaneously bursting into tears at red lights and checkstands.

I hope you enjoy hearing it. I know it's a pretty strange mix of things. But even that is a fair representation of my life. LOL I'll be adding more as I think of them.

What would be on your playlist? (If you want to build your own just click on mine. It's free. And a fun way to spend some time. :) )

2 comments:

Amber said...

Great songs! It took me hours to do mine too :)

Christy said...

I so love reading what you have to say. What a great blog entry. I'm sure I'll love the songs too. You are so genuine. I love ya, Trish.