Monday, June 22, 2009

Company Lagoon Day

Last Thursday was the company Lagoon Day. It's pretty much the only chance our little ones get to go each year.
Roger and I took Kenzie, Emily, Jaxon and Kaylee with us.
Kenzie and Kaylee went off and did what teenage girls do at Lagoon so we don't have any pics of them.
Emily and I went on lots of rides together.

Before we even arrived at Lagoon Emily was planning to use her allowance to buy some Dippin' Dots. We upsized it so she could share with Jaxon.


When we first arrived at Lagoon I took Emily and Jaxon on the ferris wheel. Roger stayed behind with the stroller. And where his feet could touch the ground.
Jaxon loved the ferris wheel. Then we put him on this little Budgy The Whale ride. By himself.

About a nanosecond after I snapped this picture he began screaming bloody murder.
"Me don't like it!!!"
"Get me off here!!!"
"Me don't like it!!!"
So the operator shut the ride down so we could get him off.
And that was the last time he left the stroller all day except to run around like a crazy person with a stressed out parent on his heels.
Oh! I just remembered. We did get him to go on the train ride a little later. But that was it.

Emily and I went on lots of rides. The Tidal Wave. That's me in the pink shirt. We were having a screaming match with the people on the other end of the boat.
We even went on Colossus, which has two loops that take you upside down.
I still remember when Colossus was the NEW HOT ride the year they put it in. Which was 26 years ago. Yikes! I was in junior high.
Then we went on the old white roller coaster, which is nearly 100 years old. And there's a rattle, clack and bump for each year. It's a rough ride. Emily and I agreed that going upside down was better than getting jerked all around.
Emily was excited because Colossus was her first time on a roller coaster.

Emily and I had a fun time together.
Roger and Jaxon maybe not so much.

2 comments:

Amber said...

Lol how fun!

Christy said...

26 years ago...
now why'd you have to go and say that??? ;)