Wednesday, June 10, 2009

What I Ate Today

I like browsing through WW blogs and sometimes a blogger will post what they ate in a day. I think it's interesting. That's why I asked Christy about her day of food. And she played along so patiently. I remember when I was thinking of joining WW I was thinking, "But what in the world will I be able to eat?!?!?".
I thought I'd give it a try. If you're on WW I'd love it if you posted a day of your food and linked me to it in the comments. :) That'd be cool.
So here's my day.
What I ate - points value
Breakfast at 6am (I have this exact thing at least 6 days a week.)
Coffee - 0
2 packets of Splenda - 0
1 Tablespoon Vanilla cinnamon creamer - 1
1 slice of whole wheat bread - 1
1 Tablespoon peanut butter - 2.5
1 small banana - 1.5

2-3 liters of water - 0

Snack at 10am
1/8 of a large cantaloupe - .5

Lunch at 12pm (This was a purposely light lunch because I knew dinner would be pointy.)
3 large lettuce leaves - 0
5 oz. can of chunk light tuna - 2
1 Tablespoon reduced fat ranch dressing - 1
1 Tablespoon reduced fat mayo - 1.5
1 Tablespoon dill relish - 0
1 Tablespoon chopped red onion - 0

Dinner 6pm
Chili Sweet Potato Hash - 13

Total points for the day - 24 which is exactly my daily points allowance.
I was starving by dinner. Normally there would have been one or two more snacks in there. But I was saving up for dinner.
I am missing the dairy servings that WW suggests in the Good Health Guidelines. It happens sometimes.

7 comments:

Amber said...

That lunch looks great! I'm going to have to try that. Dinner looks pretty good too. I would like it better with Idaho potatoes. :)

Becky said...

What a great idea!! I'll try to remember to do this tomorrow.

Plus then I'll HAVE to keep track of my points... If it works, I might just have to take pictures everyday. ROFL

Chantel said...

Maybe I need WW. The food looks so good. I ate a granola bar in the car for breakfast because I was late to work. Missed lunch all together because I was busy with the kids. Had an apple in the car as I was going back to work, did I eat dinner? Does Reeses Ice cream count. No, crap no wonder I have a headache. I'm eating as bad as I did when I was a resident. Sleeping about as much too. Oh well. Your food does look delicious!!!!

Christy said...

Yeah, it is tough to figure out what you're going to eat and these types of posts are helpful. I loved your lettuce!!! So yummy, but it seemed to be missing that chemical taste... lol.

Mmmm!!!

Trish said...

Amber~ I'm sure it would be good with Idaho potatoes. Not as good as with sweet potatoes though. ;)

Becky~ Can't wait to see your day. It does keep you honest. LOL Whatever tricks we have to play on ourselves to stay in the game, right?

Chantel~ I don't know how you do it. I have the luxury of staying home. I'm sure that makes it WAY easier.

Christy said...

I love seeing the cup your mommy gave you for Mother's day. It makes me smile. I have a cup thing.

Mel the Belle said...

That looks soooo yummy! :oP xo *Mel