
Jaxon and I went to the gym this morning. He is no longer thrilled about "playing with his friends" in the daycare. There's crying and clutching and refusing to put his feet on the floor when I try to put him down. But they tell me he recovers quickly.
This morning he was calling out landmarks to me as we drove there.
And on the way back he knew, in reverse, which one came next.
"Where is happy meal?"
This means McDonalds. We rarely ever go there. I can't stand their food. Except for their breakfast food which isn't worth the points to me these days. It's funny to me he's had one happy meal in the past 6 months and he remembers where it came from in the long line of fast food joints we pass on the way to the gym.
"Where is the orange truck?"
A big, old, orange truck with a For Sale sign, in a parking lot about halfway home.
I wonder what he'll do when the truck isn't there any more.
"Where is the big flag?"
A large flag on a pole in the parking lot of a nearby grocery store.
I was mentally reviewing this discussion as we pulled into the subdivision and I realized that he might have learned this way of marking a route on Dora the Explorer. The Map!!
It's impressive that he has memorized these things forwards and backwards in only 7 trips.
Once again, television has picked up my parenting slack.




3 comments:
Lol what a smart boy. Lily loves Dora. She also loves the map. She gets all excited and runs around in circles.
I learn stuff from the tv all the time lol. I don't believe it's horribly bad.
That's so cute!
Amber~ You should videotape her doing that. I wanna see!
Post a Comment