I'm not gonna lie. It's a little disappointing.
I did go to the fitness center 4 times last week. And I didn't just visit. I walked an average of 3.5 miles per hour, about 2.5 miles each day. Supposedly I burned over 250 calories each time. If you can believe the monitor doohickey built into the treadmill.
(Hey. Spellchecker recognized "doohickey". Weird.)
What was I saying? Oh yeah.
Even though I did all that work, this was a less than stellar food week.
Roger's birthday was Thursday. Too much prime rib and wine.
Yesterday we went to a graduation party for our neighbor's son. Too much delicious food.
Intellectually I know that fluctuations happen. And really, it's amazing that I've gone this whole time without a single gain at weigh in.
So I was due.




3 comments:
From what I understand, you may gain now because you are adding muscle when you exercise. I totally get not wanting to see it on the scale, though.
This particular gain may not be the exercise, but it's forseeable, in theory, that you will get those gains that are. The upside is that it makes your body's metabolism go up. I guess the trick is finding how to be okay when the success doesn't come in pounds. (and who knows, tomorrow you could show a loss from last week's weigh-in.
Now... onto that other thing you mentioned... The IMPORTANT thing...
WOOHOO!!!! That is so great you did 10 FREAKIN' miles last week!!! Wow!!! You took some serious steps to getting fit this last week! Awesome!!!
Thanks for the encouragement Christy.
I do expect the exercise to slow the pounds lost. But as long as the inches show it I'll be okay with that, mentally.
But I am sure it was the food this week. I'm on course for a good food week now though.
yeah, 10 miles sounds like a lot, huh? The sad thing is that I was walking that much every day when I was 8 months pregnant with Jaxon. It's a little harder now than it was then, but not much. I need to investigate some weight lifting and different cardio I think. But for now, just getting in the habit of going feels like a success.
At least it wasn't up a whole lot.. but still disappointing with the exercise you did. You kind of think it would just melt off, right?? Just prepping myself, sorry. lol
Had some emotional eating earlier this week and the scale has been up (although we're still fighting.. wth is wrong with it! just give me one weight!!). I'm expecting a gain tomorrow. :o( Oh well.
Post a Comment