Yes, that is curling ribbon that we used to section off the square feet. LOL
And I used Popsicle sticks to mark what we planted in each square because I was afraid I'd forget and not recognize the plants.
This is so much fun!!We put things in the ground just two weeks ago and it already feels like a lot is happening.
The lettuces, peppers and tomatoes were transplants. Everything else was from seeds. And all the seeds have sprouted now.
Here's what's going on out there...
The back row, closest to the house, has:
1. bush beans planted 5/2
2. basil planted 5/2
3. cilantro 5/2
4. spinach 5/2 I'll plant more beans here when the spinach is ready for harvest. Supposedly 6/13.
5. cilantro 5/2
6. beans 5/2
7. cilantro 5/16
8. beets 5/2
9. spinach 5/2 I'll plant more cilantro here when the spinach is ready for harvest. Supposedly 6/13
10. beets will go in here 5/30
11. radishes 5/2
12. basil 5/2
13. big early red bell pepper 5/2
The middle row has:
14. bush beans 5/2
15. carrots 5/2
16. radishes 5/16
17. onions 5/2
18. radishes will go here 5/30
19. carrots 5/16
20. onions 5/2
21. carrots will go here 5/30
22. beets 5/16
23. spinach 5/2 I'll plant more carrots here when the spinach is ready to harvest. Supposedly 6/13
24. spinach 5/2 I'll plant more beets here when the spinach is ready to harvest. Supposedly 6/13
25. yellow bell peppers 5/2
26. basil 5/2
There are smaller 9X12 spaces all along the front and one end of the garden. I planted romaine and red lettuces in every other space. And alyssum seeds in the empty ones. I thought a few spots of flowers would be pretty along the front.
There's a hot banana pepper plant in the 9X9 square in the corner.
Outside of this garden area we have 4 tomato plants:
Early girl - 50 Days
Mr. Stripey
Yellow Pear
Husky Cherry
I'm a little intense when I plan things so there was a chart made and a lot of time spent thinking about what to plant and where up through mid June. But I think I can relax a little after that and just decide when the time comes what crop will go into the squares next as they're harvested.
It's so hard to believe that the little tiny spinach plants (right behind the lettuces in the second pic) will be ready to harvest in just a few weeks.
But I'll just try to have faith. We're already having more success than I ever have before. Sad but true.




4 comments:
How cool! They are growing great! We just went out and bought a tomato plant. We're excited about planting it :)
Looks great!! I haven't started mine. Two kids is kicking my butt. How do you do it????
Amber~Just one?!?! That's incredible! Your Dad and I can never get only as many as planned. We get there and get sucked in by all the different varieties. LOL
Chantel~If I had two little ones and worked out of the house as much as you have lately we might not even have grass growing. LOL
OMG. You are an intense planner, aren't you?
Still your OCD is serving you well! What a great garden you have!!
Post a Comment