For Mother's Day I requested a day to go shopping all by myself for some new clothes. Roger and the kids gave me just what I wished for and I had a fantastic time.
I started out the afternoon with a 2 hour pedicure. It was so wonderful! I even splurged on the sea salt scrub and mask for my legs. And I made maximum use of the awesome messaging salon chair for the whole two hours.
I've been hoarding various coupons and things so I could take myself clothes shopping.
I had such a blast trying on all kinds of things. And what a FANTASTIC change it is to have to narrow down my selections because of budget and not displeasure with everything I tried on. I actually had quite a bit of clothing money saved up because for the past year or so I just hated clothes shopping. Nothing ever fit right or looked good enough for me to want to spend money on it.
But today was great. I got 4 shirts, 3 capris, new sandals, some pajamas and a new robe. LOL My old robe was a nursing robe from when I was pregnant with Jaxon and the subsequent 26 months of nursing him. And a few other underthings that needed replacing. ;)
I am confident that all of this will be too small (ROFLOL!!! Of course I meant to say TOO BIG!) by Fall and maybe I can do it all over again for my birthday.
I came home to the delicious aroma of dinner being prepared by Roger.
Ahhh...what a great Mother's Day!!
Oh! And we had the usual Sunday breakfast with all the kids and grandkids.
Amber's family is sick with the flu so they couldn't make it today.
Crystal had to work but stopped by while I was gone to see me and bring me a very sweet card.
I missed them all very much.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
A two hour pedicure? SWEET!!
You are all ready for summer with the new wardrobe! That's great, you deserve it!
Post a Comment