We went to see Treasure Island at Hale Theater. It was a good show. Most impressive was the 12 foot deep diving pool built into the set. It was amazing! There were pirates diving and being thrown overboard all evening. We were luckily not sitting in the splash zone but it was fun to watch. I'm always so impressed with the many different ways they can recreate that stage.
Before the play we went out to dinner. I decided before we went that I was not going to think about points for this one meal. I would just order whatever looked good to me.
We went to Johnny Carino's. I had a salad with ranch dressing. Just regular ranch. And I had about 1/3 of the loaf of bread they bring with your meal. Dipped in the herbed olive oil with roasted garlic of course. I ordered the Jalapeno Garlic Tilapia


which has been my favorite menu item there for a long time. I could only eat half of it. And I was actually full a little sooner than that. And for dessert I had a peach bellini.

Yum!
So weird though...
A few months ago I would have had the salad, a whole loaf of bread for myself, some stuffed mushrooms appetizers, the entire tilapia entree and possibly some tiramisu for dessert.
Oy!
No wonder I was nearly 50 pounds overweight.
So in 14+ weeks I finally had a night of rebellion. I don't count the Market Street incident since I didn't intend to have a 67 point meal. I actually thought I was making a decent choice that time. LOL
The rebellion is over. I have .8 lb more of myself than I did yesterday morning as a result. But that's okay. I'm back on program and I'm sure I'll overcome that by Sunday morning weigh in.
It was fun to eat like a King (Queen?) for one meal.
It was when I ate like a King every day, all day, that I created problems for myself.




8 comments:
How fun, I love going to plays.
I looove Johnny Corino's too.. yum. I think I could eat their bread and the roasted garlic all day long.
I agree that it's ok to do that every now and then. It really IS all about moderation. I can definitely tell from what I used to eat, portion size, and how often as to why I gained and never lost. My bad. ;o)
You should go to the kickboxing class on Friday with me and Janae.. your first class is free (mine was today). It might be fun?? lol
Kickboxing? Huh? What's that you say? Sorry, I can't hear you.
;)
Way to go spoiling yourself. Sometimes you need to do that. It looks delish by the way and I don't even like fish! I'm sure the lil bit of weight will be off this Sunday. If not it sounds (and looks) like it was worth it. :)
Love you!
Mmmm...Yum! Glad you had fun and enjoyed yourself.
I love kickboxing. It's one of my favorite workouts!
I've never even tried kickboxing.. apparently this is my week of new experiences in the exercise world.
You rebel with far greater style than I do. Clearly, I need your guidance.
I think the 80/20 rule applies here. If you keep your life in harmony with the advice 80% of the time, consider yourself on track.
Re: the kickboxing conversation, I don't know if it's anything like Tae Bo, but if it is, I can attest that it works. According to my roommates I looked fantastically absurd while doing it, but my abs and butt felt like chiseled rock. I encouraged them all to verify this fact for themselves, much to their consternation.
I'm glad you had a good time! What yummy looking choices you made. It's great it was planned and it didn't just "happen to you".
Cool too, how you even made better choices than pre weight watcher days, even though you weren't concerned about points...
maybe it isn't a diet after all.
Sound like a great night!!! I would love a night out with the hubby. Anyone want my kids? LOL
Post a Comment