Sunday, May 3, 2009

Meal Plan

We did our usual Saturday morning grocery shopping yesterday.
With the help of a couple of gift card incentives we came in $4 under budget for the week and managed to stock up on several packages of manager's special meats and other things to put away for later.
I'm still so happy to find that this healthier lifestyle hasn't caused a significant increase in our grocery budget.

Dinners for this week:

~Chicken Parmesan, Spaghetti, Veggie, Salad
~Rib Roast, Potatoes, Veggie
We have FIVE of these in the freezer. Not exactly low fat but I need to try to get through them in the next few weeks.
~Cheesy Chicken Shells, Veggie, Salad
With two rave reviews from my daughters, this was a must for the meal plan this week.
~Mexican Bulgur and Black Bean Burgers, Veggies and Dip
A different spin on the recipe I made last week.
~Honey Lime Chicken Enchiladas, Beans, Rice, Salad
~Szechuan Pork, Rice, Sauteed Green Beans and Peppers
~Salisbury Steak, Mashed Potatoes, Carrots, Broccoli and Cauliflower

4 comments:

ShazBraz said...

Mmmmm...can't wait for the cheesy chicken shells review...

Christy said...

Awesome that it doesn't cost $100more each month to eat healthier, or something like that.
Still, it'd probably be worth it, huh?

Amber said...

Dad would really like that cheesy chili mac recipe it was soo good. You won't be sorry making the cheesy chicken shells. :)

cjackson said...

Ooo...I do hope you post the recipies (or at least where you found them) I have been wanting some Chicken Parmesan!