Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Passionate Blogger Award - Thanks Norah!

My friend Norah presented me with this award. How fun! Thanks for thinking of me Norah!
Be sure to check out her blog! It's full of recipes and ideas for a healthier body and planet. She inspires me to think a little harder about making the best choices I can for both of those precious resources.

The Rules:
1. Put the logo in your blog
2. Write five things you are passionate about apart from blogging
3. Tag 5 people on your lists and let them know you tagged them.

Five things I am passionate about.
1)My family. Nothing brings me more joy than when they are happy and their lives are going well. And nothing makes my heart ache more than when they are unhappy and facing trials.
2)Food! I just love it. I love exploring all kinds of new foods and learning new ways to enjoy it.
3)Being creative. When I don't allow my procrastinating nature to dictate my days I truly love being creative. Making quilts, sewing, cooking, gardening. I have lots of creative outlets when the mood strikes me.
4)Achieving freedom from debt. Finally waking up after 37 years of living the "American way of life" has been SOOOO liberating! We are almost half way to being completely debt free except for our mortgage. And even the mortgage is modest in comparison to most. I'm so passionate about getting out of debt and staying that way that I get a little bored when a day goes by that there's not an extra $$ or two to throw at the debt. I absolutely cannot wait to be able to shout to the world, "WE'RE DEBT FREE!!!!!".
5)More recently, I am passionate about being healthier. Now that my baby making days are over there is just no valid excuse to be carrying around this extra weight. I am almost half way to my goal weight and I feel really great about the changes I've made. The ultimate goal for me is to avoid the need for medications of any kind for as long as I possibly can. So far, so good.

I am tagging:
Christy at The View From Here
Amber at My Beautiful Life
Becky at My Four Crazy Kids
Heather at Heatherslifestories
Kayleigh at The Kayleigh Monologues

2 comments:

Christy said...

Right now I am passionate about getting some sleep! I am so jetlagged!
Hmmm. I'm thinking.
Ditto minus the creativity. You are halfway on a few important goals, huh? GREAT JOB!!!

Trish said...

Christy~
I think it's important to follow your passions. Sleep! LOL
Yeah, almost halfway. Feels good. :)