We've been gone on our first camping trip of the season. We had a pretty good time even though it rained much of the time we were gone. I had some time to visit with my friend and her family. So it was good.
I ended up deciding to go to Brianna's funeral on Friday. I'm glad I did. It was a beautiful service and she obviously had a lot of love in her short life.
I meant to come home today and blog about all the many, many thoughts I've had over the past few days since I found out that she died. But the truth is, I still haven't been able to sort them out. I'm still very sad about it all. Maybe even a little more sad now that I know how she died. What could have been a long and glorious life cut far too short for the temporary thrill of getting high. And maybe I'm kidding myself that I ever will be able to sort it all out.
I just know that I feel like there's a very large weight on my heart. If it's that sad for me, I don't know how her poor parents can even bear it because I know it's infinitely worse for them.
I missed weigh in on Sunday morning. I meant to take the scale with us but I was distracted and forgot. So I'll weigh in and report tomorrow. I will be happy to have just stayed the same as last week. This was a difficult weekend. All the camping food was WW friendly. But there was a medicinal rice crispy treat (roughly the size of my head) with mini M&M's on Friday. Hopefully the therapeutic 2 1/2 mile hike on Saturday canceled that out. I guess we'll see.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
I'm glad you had fun camping. It rained down here too. It's good you got to go to Brianna's funeral and be there for her family. Love you!
I'm glad you were able to go to the service. That's got to feel a lot better for you than missing it would have felt. Hugs.
Post a Comment