Wednesday, May 13, 2009

More Mother's Day...


...this is fun. Can it just be Mother's Day every day? That'd be great!
My Mom came over to visit this afternoon. I planned to take her to lunch for Mother's Day. We went to the new Olive Garden that recently opened near us. I don't really care much for Olive Garden but my mom likes it and I had heard there were a couple of point friendly menu items so we went.
I had The Venetian Apricot Chicken. It was pretty tasty and only 7 points. Not too bad.
We recently gave her a digital picture viewer. Kind of like a digital picture frame but it's the size of umm..well, a little smaller than a DVD movie case. They are regularly $50 at Walmart but they're on clearance for $29. It holds about 60 pictures in the internal memory but it takes a memory card that increases the number of pictures to about 2000. That should be plenty of pics of kids and grandkids and great grankids for bragging purposes. So the memory card is her Mother's Day gift.
But she also brought me a gift! How cool is that? She brought me a very sweet card which means a lot to me. My Mom and I haven't always been really close and we have a hard time communicating our love for each other sometimes so it was very touching to receive such a nice card with a sweet handwritten note.
AND she brought me this super cute coffee mug. I LOVE it! My Mom doesn't hang out on the internet so there's no way she could have known that that is an avatar that I use on PYP. So funny.
We might not be super close. But she does know me. :)

5 comments:

Christy said...

Haha! Too funny that the sayings match up. It is a darling cup! Mom's are so cool, huh?

Kenzie Rae said...

I can tell you all about being close to your mother is like...
:P

Trish said...

Yeah. Mom's are the coolest.

XOXO Love ya Kenziepoo!

Heatherslife said...

I think mommies always know you best ( don't tell david I said that ;)) lol

Amber said...

Lol love the cup. I'm glad you and your Mom had a bonding moment. I love those. :)