Thursday, May 28, 2009

Roger's Aunt Bessie

When we got home from camping on Monday we had a message that Aunt Bessie had passed away on Friday.
She was the last remaining sibling of Roger's Dad.
I only met her a few times when we were visiting in West Virginia but she was instantly one of my favorite people ever. This woman had SPUNK! She was so funny. Hours passed by quickly listening to very animated tales of her youth.
This picture was taken in July of 2007 when were in West Virginia for Marsha's funeral. Aunt Bessie told us then, and not for the first time, that she was ready to go herself.
She's been sick the past few weeks and finally found her way home I guess.
I'm sad for her family. I'm sure they'll miss her very much. We sure will.
But I'm kind of excited for her. One thing I took from all our conversations was that she had a very deep faith in what happens after this life and she was excited to take that adventure.
So I hope she's whooping it up and collecting lots of funny new stories to tell us all when we get there.
And having a good visit with Marsha, just like she used to enjoy so much when they were both still living.

1 comment:

Amber said...

R.I.P Aunt Bessie. Thanks for posting a pic of her. It's been a long time since I've seen her pretty face. I do agree with you that she was funny and had spunk. I remember a time when Crystal and I were little we had this doll that made noise and Bessie was playing with us making funny noises and we were both laughing so hard! It was great.