Wednesday, May 27, 2009

We ate something that we grew!!!


Yesterday I realized that if we don't start harvesting some lettuce we are going to get to a point where we have to eat lettuce all day every day to use it all up.
So I went out and gathered a bowl full of red and romaine lettuce leaves to add to our salad for dinner.
Yum!
I also pulled one radish since we are at the 3 week point with those. It was still very small though. Only the size of a large lima bean. But it tasted good. We'll give them another week or two before we try again.
This little gardening success brought me some happiness. :)

6 comments:

Chantel said...

It looks delicious. I've never tried growing lettuce because I wasn't sure how it will turn out but it looks so good. I'll have to try it next year.

Heidi said...

I'm so jealous of you!!! I planted my lettuce, peas, and radishes WAAAAY too late in the season, and now I don't know if they'll ever produce anything before they bolt or die.

Still, onward I press. Ever onward.

ShazBraz said...

mmmm...lettuce was my favorite thing from our garden last year. so flavorful and pretty! I was so sad when it ended.

Amber said...

Best looking lettuce leaves I've ever seen! Yummy... Our tomato plant is growing too and we planted some strawberry seeds and we're starting to see some of those poke through the garden. Yay! Gardening is fun. :)

Norah said...

I love being able to walk out to the garden to pick fresh veggies. For the fall you should try growing lettuce from seed. Its so easy.

Christy said...

So cool!! It seems so early to start getting fresh veggies! I'm glad this made you happy! Loves.