Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Chicken Milanese Style

This was a good meal that came together REALLY fast. In about 10 minutes. We had a birthday party to prepare for so I was glad to have something simple and quick. It's a keeper! I served it with steamed broccoli sprinkled with a bit of Parmesan cheese.

Chicken Milanese Style
From Weight Watchers in 20 Minutes
Makes 4 servings (4pts per serving)

4 (3-ounce) chicken breast cutlets
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
2 Tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil
3 cups mixed baby salad greens
1 cup grape tomatoes or halved cherry tomatoes
1/4 cup packaged matchstick-cut carrots
I shredded a carrot instead
3 Tablespoons reduced fat balsamic dressing

1)Sprinkle the chicken with the pepper. Combine the bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese on a sheet of waxed paper; coat the chicken with the crumb mixture, pressing lightly so it adheres.

Next time I make this I plan to coat the chicken with the bread crumbs only and then sprinkle the freshly grated Parmesan on top of the hot, cooked chicken. I used fresh grated Parmesan and it didn't seem to stick to the chicken at all. If you're using Parmesan from a green can (cack!) it might work better.

2)Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add the chicken and cook until browned and cooked through, about 2 minutes on each side.

3)Meanwhile, combine the salad greens, tomatoes, and carrots in a bowl. Drizzle with the dressing and toss to coat evenly. Place 1 chicken cutlet on each of four plates and top evenly with the salad.

Everyone liked it.

4 comments:

Amy said...

I am going to try this tonight. It looks really good. Yummy.

Amy said...

I cooked the chicken and I put the cheese on top. It was soo good. It had alot of flavor.

Trish said...

It's a pretty quick meal too, huh? Glad you liked it.

Becky said...

Made the chicken tonight using tenders and it was sooo fast and really yummy. Sprinkled the parm. on after it was cooked.. very good suggestion. Drew LOVED it! We're both looking forward to the leftovers tomorrow. LOL

I can't even begin to tell you what a help it has been having your blog having the recipes picked out and then your review.

Yay for your love of food and cooking!!! :-D