Sunday, February 15, 2009

Stir Fried Pork and Broccoli with Hoisin Sauce


Another delicious meal. It was a hit with the whole family. And once the rice is cooked, which takes twice as long as white rice, I'm learning, it goes together really quick!
Stir Fried Pork with Hoisin Sauce
From Weight Watchers in 20 Minutes
Makes 4 servings (6 pts per serving)

3/4 pound pork loin, trimmed and cut into 2 X 1/4 strips
2 Tablespoons dry sherry
1 Tablespoon reduced sodium soy sauce
1 Tablespoon cornstarch
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon Asian (dark) sesame oil
2 cups broccoli florets
1 orange bell pepper, cut into strips
1 1/2 teaspoons grated, peeled, fresh ginger
1/4 cup orange juice
1/4 cup hoisin sauce
2 Tablespoons honey
2 cups hot cooked white rice
I used brown rice. I'm beginning to prefer it!

1)Toss together the pork, sherry, soy sauce, cornstarch, salt and black pepper in a large bowl until coated evenly; set aside.
I would also combine the hoisin, orange juice and honey in a small bowl at this point.
2)Heat the sesame oil in a nonstick wok or large deep skillet over high heat. When a drop of water sizzles in it, add the broccoli and bell pepper; stir fry about 2 minutes. Add the pork and stir fry until browned, about 3 minutes. Add the ginger and stir fry about 1 minute. Add the orange juice, hoisin sauce, and honey; stir fry until the pork is cooked through and the sauce thickens and bubbles, about 2 minutes longer. Serve with the hot cooked rice.

7 comments:

Christy said...

Brown Rice is awesome. I "discovered" it at PF Changs and think it's so yummy. It makes me feel healthy to eat it.
This meal looks really good. I'll add to this weeks meal plan which has 2 meals that you've made on it already!
Thanks for the help!

Becky said...

What is Hoisin sauce? Is it by the soy sauce, etc.?

Trish said...

Christy~ I'm sure I've had brown rice before but for some reason I never took note of it as much as I have this past week. I wish it didn't take so long to cook. But other than that I'm loving it. And Roger prefers it too.

Becky~ Yep, Hoisin sauce is by the soy sauce. But the very best place to buy soy sauce, hoisin, all that asian stuff is at a little market on 3500 South and just east of the Holiday and west of Redwood Road. It's in a U shaped shopping center with a red tiled roof.
It's in the back on the left as you're pulling into the parking lot.
HTH!
They're prices are HALF of the grocery store. Check it out!

Amy said...

Wow, Looks delicious!!

Amber said...

I love stir fry and really want to try this recipe. It looks delicious!

I know Lily would have had a great time at Caydance's birthday party. It sucks that I had to be sick. Hopefully everyone can come tommorrow and Lily can play with the babies.

Love you!

KMDuff said...

Yum, we had this tonight, very orangey and gingery. :) One mistake - shouldn't have substituted orange juice for the sherry - oops! Extra orangey flavor. :)

Trish said...

YAY! I'm so glad the recipes are being tried.
Nothing wrong with extra orangey. :)