
Double Chocolate - Cranberry Pudding
From Weight Watchers in 20 Minutes
Makes 4 servings (5 pts per serving) *
3 cups fat free milk
1/2 cup sugar
1/3 cup unsweetened cocao powder
3 Tablespoons cornstarch
1 ounce unsweetened chocolate, finely chopped
1/4 cup dried cranberries
1)Whisk together the milk, sugar, cocoa, and cornstarch in a medium saucepan and set over medium high heat. Cook, stirring constantly, until the mixture thickens and bubbles, about 5 minutes.
2)Remove the saucepan from the heat and add the chocolate. Stir until the chocolate is melted and the pudding is smooth. Divide the pudding evenly among 6 bowls. Sprinkle evenly with the cranberries.
*There are a couple of problems with this recipe as it's written. See them? It says it's FOUR servings but has you divide it into SIX bowls. And they seem to think you'll want to eat boiling pudding which I do not recommend. I chilled mine for about an hour. To make sure I had an accurate points count I put the recipe into the recipe builder on the WW website and found that there are 3 points each if you divide it into six servings like I did. I felt that this was a very satisfying serving size. I had some fat free Cool Whip in the fridge so I topped it with a bit of that.
The pudding was not the rich creamy consistency of the naughty stuff but it was an excellent chocolate fix. More of a dark chocolate than milk chocolate flavor. Roger and the kids liked it too. I'm sure I'll be making this again.
The pudding was not the rich creamy consistency of the naughty stuff but it was an excellent chocolate fix. More of a dark chocolate than milk chocolate flavor. Roger and the kids liked it too. I'm sure I'll be making this again.




1 comment:
I LOVED the cranberries in the brown and wild rice with cranberry and walnuts! It was a yummy surprise in that dish. Something I wouldn't have thought of to put with pudding either, but I'm a big cranberry fan. I'd try it!
Post a Comment