
This dish was pretty tasty. We all liked it but Roger prefers the high fat version that I have made a few times before. His conversion to the new plan is not yet complete. ;)
Spicy Tangerine Beef
From Weight Watchers in 20 Minutes
Makes 4 servings (4 pts per serving)
2 tangerines
I couldn't find tangerines so I used oranges.
2 teaspoons cornstarch
4 Tablespoons water
3/4 pound boneless sirloin steak, trimmed and thinly sliced
3 cups small broccoli florets
3 scallions, cut into 2 inch lengths
1 small red bell pepper, cut into strips
2 garlic cloves minced
3 Tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
We felt that the end result was not at all spicy. So if you want it hot, add more red pepper.
1)Grate the zest from the tangerines; set aside. Peel the tangerines and separate into sections; reserve the sections.Stir together the cornstarch and 2 Tablespoons of the water in a cup until smooth; set aside.
2)Spray a nonstick wok or large deep skillet with nonstick spray and set over medium high heat. When a drop of water sizzles in it, add half of the beef and stir fry until browned, about 3 minutes, using a slotted spoon to transfer the beef to a bowl . Repeat with the reminaing beef.
3)Add the broccoli and the remaining 2 Tablespoons water to the wok; cook, covered, about 2 minutes. Increase the heat to high. Add the scallions, bell pepper, garlic, tangerine zest, soy sauce, and crushed red pepper; stir fry about 1 minute. Stir the cornstarch and add to the wok; stir fry until the sauce thickens and bubbles, about 1 minute. Return the beef to the wok along with the tangerines; stir fry until heated through, about 1 minute longer.
I served this with brown rice and a Spring mix with the following dressing which I really enjoyed.
Orange-Mustard Vinaigrette
From Weight Watchers New Complete Cookbook
Makes 4 servings (2pts each)
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 small clove garlic, minced
1/2 teaspoon grated orange zest
1/3 cup orange juice, preferably fresh
4 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
1 Tablespoon dijon mustard
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
1/8 teaspoon sugar
1)On a cutting board, sprinkle the salt over the garlic. Mash to a paste with the flat side of a heavy knife.
2)In a small jar with a tight fitting lid, combine the mashed garlic with the remaining ingredients; cover and shake well. Use immediately or cover and refrigerate for up to 3 days.




2 comments:
Are you getting sick of brown rice, yet? lol Seriously, are you having hunger pangs or cravings or anything, or is this a totally easy thing for you to do? xo *Mel
I've always loved rice. Preferred it over a potato as a side for "saucy" dishes.
I had a hungry day umm...day before yesterday I think. But I just ate more veggies and fruit so it wasn't a big deal.
Overall, it's been pretty easy so far. I'm doing pretty well.
It feels a lot easier than I remember Atkins being. LOL
Post a Comment