
Skillet Pork Chops with Apricot - Mustard Sauce
From Weight Watchers in 20 Minutes
Makes 4 servings (6 pts per serving)
1/2 cup apricot jam
I used Smucker's Simply Fruit
2 Tablespoons coarse grained dijon mustard
I was out of dijon so I used spicy brown
1 Tablespoon reduced sodium soy sauce
2 Tablespoons lime juice
1 garlic clove, minced
pinch cayenne
4 (5 ounce) thin cut bone-in pork loin chops
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon canola oil
1)Combine the jam, mustard, soy sauce, lime juice, garlic, and cayenne in a small bowl; set aside.
2)Sprinkle the pork chops with the salt and pepper. Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Add the pork chops and cook until browned and cooked through, 4-5 minutes on each side; transfer to a platter and keep warm. Add the jam mixture to the skillet and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer until the sauce thickens slightly, about 3 minutes. Spoon the sauce over the chops.
We liked these pork chops a lot. The sauce is very tangy and intense. Since we like intense flavors very much, it's a keeper.
I served this with brown rice.
I had planned to stir fry some green cabbage to serve with this meal but I found a creamy coleslaw recipe on the WW website so I gave it a try.
Creamy Coleslaw
From the Weight Watchers website
Makes 4 servings (1 pt per serving)
3/4 lb coleslaw mix
I shredded my own cabbage and added a little shredded carrots.
1 red onion
1/2 cup fat free mayo
I used 1 Tablespoon full fat mayo plus 7 Tablespoons low fat plain yogurt. I had a hunch that this would be a suitable substitute because of the Roast Beef and Watercress sandwiches I was making last week. I was right!
1 teaspoon sesame oil
1/8 teaspoon salt
2 Tablespoons cilantro, chopped
1/8 teaspoon black pepper
I just threw it all in a bowl and mixed well.
I refrigerated it for a couple of hours before dinner to let the flavors blend.
I calculated the points on the WW website for my alterations and they didn't change the points count.
The coleslaw was pretty tasty but I am not sold on the sesame oil in this recipe. I'll try it again without the sesame oil.




1 comment:
Looks tasty! Now I'm craving porkchops lol!
Post a Comment