Sunday, February 8, 2009

Meal Plan and Shopping Trip

There are no pics of our shopping trip this week. I think I'm getting sick or something. By the time we got home I just wanted to put it all away and lay down somewhere. ugh! Ibuprofen is making it tolerable now.
We had $82 to spend. We spent $102. And I still need to get a couple of things. I'm expecting there to be a bit of an adjustment while we get used to a new way of eating so I'm satisfied with that. It's still within our $500 per month budget. I just won't be able to shave it down to $400 till we get used to the new program.

Breakfasts will be the usual things (pancakes, french toast, eggs and toast, etc.) for the kids and WW friendly things for me.

Here's the meal plan for dinners:
~CORN
~Roasted turkey, stuffing, potatoes, gravy, cheesy veggies (I'll be having turkey, garlic mashed potatoes and a vegetable ;) )
~Orange Crumbed Baked Chicken, Brown and Wild Rice with walnuts and Cranberries, Lemon Butter Broccoli Spears
~Paella (Shrimp and Chicken)
~Flank Steak with Chimichurri Sauce, Roasted Broccoli with Cumin Chipotle Butter
~Spiced Turkey Burgers with Yogurt and Chutney, Cauliflower with Tomato Curry Sauce
~Ratatouille Casserole, Provencal Chicken Strips

Oh, the weight loss goal is 46.2 pounds. Grr! I am officially 2/10ths of a pound above my highest weight ever as of this morning. Damn Ben and Jerry's!


5 comments:

Becky said...

If you want it and like it, the McCormick Turkey Gravy mix is zero points (if you just mix in with water). Yay!!

I can't wait to see your dinners and pictures.. you'll do pictures, right? Are they WW recipes?

Mel the Belle said...

Mmmmmm....Ben and Jerry's ... now why'd ya have to go and say that?!!! lol Are just YOU on this new eating plan, or will you end up cooking separately for yourself? How's that gonna work? xo *Mel the Belle PS Feel Better!!

Trish said...

Becky~
I am planning to try to do pics and recipes. They are WW recipes from two books I bought to get me started.
I should have taken a pic of my lunch. It was better than the lunches I'm used to (left overs) that's for sure! Maybe tomorrow.
Good to know about the gravy mix. Thanks!

Mel~
The whole family is on the new plan. I'll be the only one measuring and weighing the food tho. They can have as much as they like. It's still going to be a big change for them as it will just be healthier, fresher foods overall. They're on board so far.

Amber said...

Dinner was great! I'm glad that what you're doing isn't really a diet. You're eating food, just smaller portions, It's awesome. I'll have to try that when we get some more money coming in.

Christy said...

OK, I've got my ticker for weight loss. LOL. I had a little more to lose than I thought. I also thought I'd try an exercise ticker.
I cooked like a madwoman today to finish up my meal plan and will eat that over the next few days. By then I'm hoping to have a healthy meal plan ready to go.
I'm debating WW online, but for now I'm holding off. Maybe soon.
I'm sure you aren't getting sick. You probably just needed some rest.