Sunday, January 25, 2009

It was a long day. There were no casualties.

Today was the day.
I went into Emily's room at about 12:30 and cleaned and sorted every last thing.
We threw out 2 kitchen sized garbage bags of junk. And one bag of recycling.
And then she had to get rid of HALF of everything that was left.
I'm very proud of her. She willingly let go of a lot of stuff.
Oddly, it was the stuffed animals that caused her the greatest angst.
Why is it always the stuffed animals?!?!

We finished up at 8:00pm. There will still be a little work to do tomorrow on the dresser drawers and the bookcase.

We set aside a few things that I think we can sell too.

So there was sweat, but no blood or tears. ;)

3 comments:

Becky said...

Stuffed animals are a hard one for Aubrey too.. she even wants to keep ones that she got from a garage sale. Because she used her own money to buy them. *sigh*

Have you seen these from Ikea? They have this one w/ five or a smaller one w/ 3. It's helped a ton for Aubrey. And CHEAP!

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/70115578

Amber said...

I'm surprised Emily was willing to let lots of things go. I guess she didn't pick up on the hoarding that came from Dad. I'm not so lucky lol! I let go of things and the next thing you know, junk just starts piling up again. Have to get rid of some things before we move.

Christy said...

Way to go Emily!! Way to go Em's Mom!! It's going to be much easier to stay organized now!