Here's our meal plan for the week...
Breakfasts
~Eggs and toast
~Pancakes and sausage
~French toast and fruit
~German Apple Pancakes
Dinners
~Ham, Lion House Potatoes, buttered carrots
~Easy Pad Thai, Potstickers (held over from last week)
~Turkey, Potatoes, gravy, stuffing, corn, rolls
~Mole* Tacos, rice, beans
~Carnitas, rice, corn, salad
~Lasagna*, Salad, Bread
~Marlboro Man Steak Sandwiches, Potatoes, Green Beans
*Made for previous menus and froze the leftovers.
~Eggs and toast
~Pancakes and sausage
~French toast and fruit
~German Apple Pancakes
Dinners
~Ham, Lion House Potatoes, buttered carrots
~Easy Pad Thai, Potstickers (held over from last week)
~Turkey, Potatoes, gravy, stuffing, corn, rolls
~Mole* Tacos, rice, beans
~Carnitas, rice, corn, salad
~Lasagna*, Salad, Bread
~Marlboro Man Steak Sandwiches, Potatoes, Green Beans
*Made for previous menus and froze the leftovers.
And here's our shopping trip. We left the house with $64 to buy what we needed for the week.
Reams:2 turkey gravy mixes .88
green bell pepper .79
1.07lbs roma tomatoes .94
4 Yoplait yogurts 1.16
1.98lbs carrots 1.37
12oz. garden salad 1.49
24oz. package frozen shredded hash browns 1.53
4lb bag oranges 1.59
mustard 1.69
2.55lbs bananas 1.76
3 bunches green onions 1.77
1.76lbs tomatillos 3.50
4.17lbs apples 3.67
10lbs potatoes 3.69
Total with tax: $26.60
Dollar Tree:
3 packages flour tortillas 3.00
spaghetti sauce 1.00
Total with tax: $4.12
Smith's:
Jumbo pack of Huggies 8.99
2 gallons milk 4.00
quart buttermilk 1.29
3 dozen eggs 3.87
2 16oz sour cream 2.00
organic spring mix 1.00
iceburg lettuce .30
3 16oz bags frozen corn 3.00
2lbs shredded sharp cheddar cheese 4.99
Total with tax (and minus coupons): $29.07
Total for the week: $59.79




5 comments:
Awesome Post!!! Love this!
Have you tried Marlboro Man's Steak Sandwich Before?
Amy asked me today, "Doesn't Trish make you wish you could stay at home??" Have to agree you have made it an art form!
I haven't tried it yet but I had some cube steaks in the freezer so it seemed like a good time to try them.
I did make the Easy Pad Thai today and it was DISGUSTING!! Don't try that one! LOL
Don't wish too hard to stay at home. I often wish I could go to work. LOL
Greener grass, yadda, yadda, yadda. ;)
Wow great deals on the grocceries!
Hi Trish! I linked to your blog months ago from your sign off on PYP. I love reading your blog. we have a few things in common with a "smaller" grocery budget and no hambuger helper, Yuck!, along with the goal to pay off some debt.
I agree with "Christy" and her friend that you make staying at home an "art form". You make me wish I could stay home! Though - so do my kids. :)
Just thought I'd chime in here and say that I have made the Marlboro Man's Favorite Sandwich and it is WONDERFUL!!! My husband requests it now! So good... yummmm.... :)
Nice to meet you! I, too, have a family of 5 (although that is the extent of mine), but my other 4 are all boys! :) My grocery budget is also $500 a month.
I'm here via Grocery Cart Challenge and just wanted to say hi!
Post a Comment