Sunday, January 18, 2009

This and That

~Dinner was great tonight! Thank goodness after last night's catastrophe. You know it's bad when Mr. Waste Not, Want Not won't even eat it. I haven't made a meal we couldn't eat in AGES.
Tonight I made Marlboro Man's Steak Sandwiches. They were yummy! I made homemade rolls for them because the french rolls at the store were nearly $4.
I went searching for a recipe for a potato side dish and found this one for Baked Potato Casserole.


I made 1/4 of the recipe since we didn't need 20 servings. It was so yummy! Definitely a keeper! It'll be great (full sized recipe) for family dinners too.
BTW we had to cancel family dinner this week. Jaxon has croup AGAIN. We thought it best not to have him smothering his nieces with virus filled kisses. I took him to the clinic this afternoon and they gave him some steroids for the croup. The virus that prompted it will have to run it's course.

~I spent some time this weekend moving into my awesome new coupon binder. I absolutely LOVE it!!! I wish I didn't have so much catching up to do with my coupon clipping. Ah well...I'll get it done so I can start using my new frugal shopping tool! I'll get it done by next week when we go grocery shopping again.


~You know that Jaxon is feeling pretty pathetic if he'll snuggle up with Kenzie. Ever since her surgery he doesn't seem to want to go near her. I think he's afraid he'll break her or something.
But tonight, after dinner he was willing to snuggle for a little bit.

9 comments:

Stuart Maughan said...

Looks like Cheese potatos, I can almost smel them through the screen. What's the matter with him. We'll have to have a husband swap, he can eat with our birds. All Thirty two of them.

Trish said...

Oh he loved the potatoes! It was the Pad Thai from last night that he wouldn't eat. None of us would! LOL

Stuart Maughan said...

Sorry about the first comment. I didn't read the first line. I'll bet it was good too. ....... While I was making my cheap comments, your music came on, Brad Paisley and Dolly Parton. "When I get to where I'm goin." We have a son who "Was always goin". He died in a freak auto accident two years ago. At the request of one of his friends, we played that song at his grave side. What's very special about this song is that he Loved his grandpa and was the only grandson that worked side by side with him until he passed away. We miss them both so much, this song was made for them. Thank you, Thank you Very Much!

Norah said...

How funny I made those sandwiches yesterday! I plan on getting them on my blog sometime this week.

Angel said...

I have the same binder! Mine is orange though. lol. We need to go shopping together... take those stores by storm!

Trish said...

SM- I'm so glad that the music touched your heart. That makes me smile. :)The song makes me think of my sweet mother in law who passed away 7/07.

Amber said...

Wow that is a dinner I can eat all the time. The potatos look delicious!!

I hope Jaxon gets feeling better soon.

That binder is awesome! I love to stay organized and that is an excellent way to do that with coupons.

Love you and see you later!

Christy said...

The Sandwiches look really good and the Baked Potatoe Casserole sounds so awesome. Nice Recovery!!
Poor Jaxon, I'm glad he decided to let Kenzie snuggle him. Perhaps this will help him get over his thing.
I just filed the last of my coupons into my binder late last night. It's a lot of work to set it up, but I think it will be easier from here.

Mel the Belle said...

Oh, Trish, I swear, I gain weight just LOOKING at your blogs!! Those cheesy potatoes are killing me!!! Yum, yum! I'll bet they were delicious. Poor Jaxon does look a little "apprehensive" snuggled up to his sister! I hope he feels all better real soon! e:me ok? Loves, *Mel