Friday, January 9, 2009

Make mine a Valium. With a Xanax chaser, please.

My nerves could really use the help!
My "daily commute" consists of four round trips within 4 miles of our house.
So it should be interesting to note that this morning's trips officially go in my top 5 list of WORST driving experiences ever.
The roads to every place I needed to go were a solid sheet of ice. And even the slightest hill caused heart stopping sliding action. Hills you might not have ever even noticed till this morning!
I'm surprised that Kenzie still even wants to get her license after this morning's adventures.
I'd kind of like to cancel mine.
Just one mile North and four miles East of our house, on roads I don't need to use, there was clear sailing.
I hope it all melts off before I have to do the afternoon rounds. ugh!

6 comments:

Glenda said...

Snowy, icy roads are one reason I moved to St George....I'm just saying....

Amy said...

Sounds like you had a scary morning!! Where I live they do not plow the raods good enough to even get to the ice. You just better hopw you have four wheel drive to go down some of the streets.

Trish said...

I'm usually a really confident driver. And I rarely plan trips around the weather or anything like that. I'm always telling Roger, "We live in Utah. It snows here. Adjust." I just don't scare too easily when I am the driver. But this morning was totally out of control. I'm actually glad I wasn't in the truck. I would have just been a larger, more deadly sliding missile. Even 4 wheel drive wouldn't have helped.
Picture school buses sliding sideways down the road! ugh!
It looks like things are a little better already. Wish me luck! LOL

Mel the Belle said...

Geez, Trish! That's scary! Be safe, girl! xoxo *Mel

Mel the Belle said...

PS *I* got the Valium AND the Xanax here, anytime you need it! Vicodin, too... I'm a living , breathing pharmacy! haha! *Mel

Christy said...

It can get so BAD!
I'm a control freak, so when you get behind the wheel and find you have NO control, I Need Valium and a Xanax chaser. A nice shot of horse tranquilizer would do the trick.