Today is day two of my not a resolution. LOL
Today was kitchen day.
So after the usual chores of laundry and dishes and general picking up I spent some extra time in the kitchen. There's a lot of deep cleaning that needs to be done in there and I knew I wouldn't get it all done today. So I devised a plan to sweep down the cobwebs and then start at the entrance and move clockwise around the room. Does that sound a little OCD? Oh well. I can live with that I guess if it results in getting this house in order.
So today I got the whole fridge cleaned off and scrubbed down. Got rid of a bunch of stuff that was hanging on by magnets, put away all the random things that have landed mysteriously *cough*Roger*cough* on top of it, etc. And washed the walls all around it and a little beyond.
Did you know that if you start washing walls it's almost impossible to know when to stop? Each clean wall makes the next look so much dirtier. Ugh! But I did stop. And because of my OCD method I'll know where to start again next week. There's a lot more to do but I'm confident that if I stick to this plan, It'll just be a couple more weeks and then the whole thing will be done and easier to maintain once per week. And I'm gonna stick to the plan.
I needed to use up some crushed pineapple that I had in the fridge and we needed a muffin recipe for breakfast tomorrow so I found this recipe for Carrot Pineapple Muffins and whipped some up. They are so yummy! And for the first time ever I subbed applesauce for the oil. I've always known that this was a suitable lower fat option for baking but I've never actually tried it. And you know what? I just might do it all the time now. The muffins are DELICIOUS! So, other than the sugar, we have a healthy fruit and veggie muffin for breakfast.
That's it for me. My domestic day is done.
See ya tomorrow!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
You are an "Optimal Cleaning Dervish", Trish!!! (yes, that's O.C.D., alright) lol :) *Mel
Oh Yea-uh! Very productive day. No, the clockwise around the room doesn't sound OCD at all. My Mom says this is the BEST way to clean.
Those muffins sound really healthy and yummy.
Post a Comment