Every year I make or buy special ornaments for each member of the family. You can see last year's HERE. I hadn't decided what to do this year since the budget is so tight. I toyed with the idea of vinyl lettering on glass or plastic balls. But I'd have to order the vinyl names which would take money and time.Today I was checking out the blog of one of my PYP pals (I swear there's nothing I can't learn from these people!) and she had a link on her blog to another blog which had the instructions to make these cute little origami stars. I thought they would be PERFECT!!
So I grabbed a magazine and tore out a few pages with colorful images. And I went to work making stars. Then I turned those into a wreath and wrote my name and the year on it. I wish I was better at lettering but I think they'll do.
We'll have a family activity later and everyone else can make their own.
Total cost: $0
I've also decided to only make ornaments for those still living at home. I figured that the grown kids would like to have traditions of their own with their own children. Besides, the family is so big now with kids, kids in law and grandbabies
that we'd have to rent space for our Christmastree pretty soon. LOL




3 comments:
Awww, they turned out adorable! :) Yay! :) I wish I'd had such success with my first few stars. LOL
They are super cool! Awesome ornaments yet again!!
Wow! You could make these and sell them!! Simply wonderful ornaments.
Post a Comment