Saturday, December 6, 2008

Meal Plan and Grocery Challenge

I did the grocery shopping today. We spent $88 for the items we need for the next week. It was a little more than I was hoping to spend but we needed to replenish some basics (carpet cleaning solution, bread bags, freezer bags, sandwich bags) Next week's should be far less. In fact, I'll try to pull it off with only $16. YIKES! But we'll worry about that next week.
Here's the meal plan. Happy to be moving away from Thanksgiving leftovers and onto fresher flavors.

Breakfasts
~French Toast and Fruit
~Pancakes and Eggs
~Peach Pecan Strata
~Eggs and Toast

Dinners
~Cranberry Onion Pork, Rice and Fresh Green Beans
~Tilapia Parmesan with Angel Hair Pasta, Salad, French Bread
~Fake Baked Ziti, Salad, Bread
~Chicken and Stuffing Casserole (This will be some Thanksgiving leftovers. I froze the rest of the stuffing last week.) Corn
~Cream of Vegetable Soup, Rolls
~Turkey Croquettes with Spinach Mashers and Pan Gravy
~BBQ Pork ribs, Baked Beans, Potato Salad

3 comments:

Amber said...

Sounds like a yummy week of food!

Christy said...

Yeah.. with pecans. Mmmm.

Christy said...

Umm... not to add more to your list of things to do, but it would be really REALLY COOL if you were to say take lots of yummy pictures and put together instructions for peach pecan strata for your loyal blog followers... Just sayin.