Monday, December 15, 2008

My domestic tips for today.


1) If your husband (or you!) snores like a rusty chainsaw, go to IKEA and buy this pillow . You'll have the quietest night in your 10+ years of marriage.
Get one for yourself too and, for the first time in over a year, you won't wake up with your bad shoulder screaming in pain.
A quiet husband and shoulder? Definitely worth $40 plus tax.
2) Shave all their heads. All of them. Save yourself an hour of cleaning hair off the beater bars of your swivel sweeper and vacuum. If you own a set of clippers you'll save on haircuts too.

Where did I put those clippers?

3 comments:

Mel the Belle said...

I've bought these pillows before. They (to us) feel good for about 15 mins. but then they start to feel hard and uncomfy or just restrictive. How do you keep yourself from turning over and going over to the old softer pillows? I do like to use them from time to time for a sore neck but can't seem to STAY on it! lol I'm restless tho. Hugs *Mel ps did the you know what come yet???

Christy said...

ROFLOL.
I must say these tips are both timely and precisely what is needed at our house!
I do have two very similar pillows and I think they do help, but not if you (or your husband) have too much whiskey in which case only multiple doors between you will help quiet the chainsaw. This morning I told husband that next time, he gets to be the one to change rooms.
Just last week I had the scissors out cleaning the beater bars of the vacuum.
I am so excited to get pictures at Christmas of all of us together with our new dome dos!!

Trish said...

Mel~ The "you know what" did arrive. Looks great! (To someone who knows very little about "you know whats". I'll send pics in about 10 days. ;) )
Last night was our first night on the new pillows. They were the only pillows on the bed so there was no where to roll to. LOL These seem to adjust to the weight of your head. Our feather pillows often felt strangely hard to me sometimes. I occasionally wake to find my ear sore from laying on it. Weird, huh? And they're decent quality feather pillows. We'll see how the next few nights play out. I hope it continues to help my shoulder because I still stubbornly refuse to go to the doctor about it. I saw the new part I need at BodyWorlds last month. Just need the part number. LOL

Christy~
You make a good point. There were no drinks before bed last night. That might change things. I'll LYK how it goes.
Personally I am really looking forward to the freedom of a bald head. The benefits are endless. Across the board savings in every category. Money, time, hair products. I'm all about saving ya know.