This week's meal plan only goes thru tonight and I won't have time for grocery shopping till Saturday. As I've been working around the kitchen I thought of two more meals to get us to the weekend. They will only require buying some green onions and cilantro and I can do that tomorrow when I refill the grocery money envelope.
~Spicy Orange Beef, Rice, Green beans
~Moroccan Chicken with pine nut couscous, green beans
I'll be glad to buy some fresh veggies this weekend. I've come to really dislike canned vegetables. But that's what we have so that's what we'll have. ;)
Wednesday, December 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




6 comments:
Canned Vegetables: A work of the Devil.
Fresh and Organic, Please!
Also, another alternative are those "Steam Fresh" bags. I THINK they are Birdseye. They are good! xo *Me
I like frozen veggies just fine. :)
Canned is ICKY!
I gave up canned veggies a few years ago. I do freeze my veggies myself from the garden, farmer's market, and the csa's. I figure the little time it takes to do that saves plenty of money since I serve my kids almost a 99% diet of organic produce. I'm like you though and would rather have frozen over canned any day.
Trish I am so impressed with your meal plans! You have some really exciting meals planned for $500 a month. I'm very interested in the Spicy Orange Beef and Moroccan Chicken with Pine Nut Couscous.
Welcome TMP!
I added links for you.
I substitute chicken for the lamb. And in The Spicy Orange Beef we use the zest of two or three oranges instead of the slivers of peel. We prefer the flavor of the zest only.
Enjoy!
Thanks for letting me know your changes and for putting up links:)
Post a Comment