It's not that we aren't eating. LOL
I have a pile of beer rebates that expire the end of January so we are having a week of free after rebate pizza and deli meals.
Because of this we won't be coming in under budget for the month like I had hoped. But when the rebate checks come I'll send them to the snowball to pay down debt. So it's a win/win. And I get a little break from intense cooking this week.
I'll be back at it next week though.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




5 comments:
No cooking for a day is good lol!
What do Beer Rebates have to do with Beer? I don't get that at all. Do they offer rebates because beer coupons are illegal?
Enjoy the break from cooking!
We had leftover BBQ Pork tonight that I made Saturday. I'm freezing the rest so we don't have to eat these sandwiches again for awhile.
Beer rebates for actual beer ARE legal in some states. Just not here in Utah and a handful of other states. But the companies still seem to feel that they get a payoff by enticing us to buy certain things, usually focused around a current event. This time of year it's the Superbowl so there are lots of pizza, chicken, deli item rebates. You know, Super Bowl Party stuff. I LOVE them because they are quite often so generic. I mean how many meal possibilities can you come up with from "deli item"? Pretty much anything they sell in the service deli of the store. And since I usually cash the rebate checks and send that money to debt, It's like transforming grocery money into debt payments, but still eating too! And really well! I bought 8 pounds of large, raw, deveined, EZpeel shrimp from Sam's Club this weekend that will cost me only $3.81 pound after the rebates. That's pretty good stuff for being on a tight budget!
I don't love beer. But I sure do love beer rebates! :)
Trish, I am shopping with beer rebates in mind today also! I am going to store my pizzas in my neighbor's freezer for later.
Glad that you got the Southwest Spice Blend. I look forward to seeing some posts of how you are going to use it!
Cool! I will have to come back to the Beer rebates later, after I get down the couponing thing a bit better. I'm starting to see it get easier..
Post a Comment