Saturday, December 6, 2008

Emily was first!

First to have an injury requiring stitches. She had an accident on her scooter. She handled it well once the panic and blood subsided.
The doctors were great. She hardly felt a thing. 10 stitches total (2 inside and 8 outside)
I guess we've been lucky with 7 kids and 23 years of parenting to only be getting stitches now.
Let's just hope she hasn't "broken the seal" and made it a regular thing. ;)

3 comments:

Mel the Belle said...

OoohmyGod, Poor BAby! Now See? If you had sent her here to live with Auntie Mel, this never would have happened. I would have her under 24 lock and key and she'd sleep on a pillow of 15 protective Labrador soft puppies and she'd walk on a bed of (thorne-removed) roses, and she'd be carried wherever she went outside of the house. OMG..those stitches!!! Make SURE you put some of that special stuff on it all of the way thru healing so that it doesn't scar!!! Too PRETTY of a face to have a scar there! Yikes!!! Let her sleep on a Sugar Cloud tonight, right beside your bed and feed her 1/4 C. of fresh morning Dew from the Faeries every day! xoxo So sorry this happened to the "baby girl"!!! Luvs, *Mel

Christy said...

Whoah!! Tell her I love her and think that she's brave.
I'm sure it was very dramatic, I mean traumatic. ;)
You sound like you handled it pretty well too, considering the positive tone of your blog. Glad all is well and may this be the only glitch and your lucky streak continue for all the years to come.

Amber said...

Wow Emily sure is a trooper! Glad she's doin better!